It took almost six weeks but among the unpacking, babywrangling and general Life Stuff I pushed toward finishing my Knucks. Unfortunately none of my photos are turning out clearly enough. It's overcast here today & I want to use natural light. I'll add a photo to this post when I get one.
They're not embroidered b/c I like them as-is. The coat I'll be wearing them with is a little busy. It's a rust-orange tweed with a plum-faux-fur collar (it must be seen) and the Knucks are bilberry (like the HARM NONE on the pattern page). Once I finish the two other KALs I'm doing (Fetching
) I am definitely making another pair of Knucks (in an orangey-rust) for embroidering (maybe w/ the bilberry yarn even).
I did have the same problem w/ the BO on the second Knuck as with the first
: it's tight. As Pamela said, it'll lossen w/ wear. I got frustrated w/ the second being even tighter than the first and I tried to stretch it and I snapped my yarn! Luckily it was easy to fix and it doesn't show. I love the lace cuff though and I might try the sewn bind off, as she suggested, with the orange pair.
This is going to be a favorite pattern for many years to come :)