Monday, September 04, 2006

A little hand-holding? (ha ha)

Hi all-- I'm partway through my first Knuck, and I wanted to know:

1- If I played fast and loose and knit the fingers slightly different lengths, do you think I can hide that with whipstitching or something?

2- Is the palm supposed to look really hugely long? I'm making a man's pair, so I can't compare it to my own palm. I knit an extra quarter-inch down to the thumb, figuring it would be no big deal, but now with the thumb gusset almost done boy does the palm look big. It measures 6" from the finger join to approx. 1/2" from the wrist.

Thanks!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

On my 2nd pair the palms seemed huge... my sister has larger fingers than me so the thumb gusset was longer also. She hasn't tried them on yet, but I think they'll be fine. I tried them on and they were only a little baggy - they still looked alright and seemed to be in proportion.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

do you like the finger lengths? If so, different lengths should not be a problem. Functionally, it's not a problem.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home