Sunday, September 03, 2006

2nd Pair!

Here are the Knucks finished for my sister - she did not want the embroidery so they are complete. I used Tatamy Tweed in Evergreen by Kraemer Yarns which is a cotton/acrylic blend that my sister picked out herself!

This time around I found a much easier and more efficient way to close up the holes - I don't know what I did on my own pair but I do remember there was no particular method and I ended up still having a few small not-too-noticable holes afterward. The following is more like closing the top of a hat, leaves no holes to speak of, and is probably what I was supposed to do in the first place!
First I found the closest 4 stitches to the center - since it looks like the yarn tail comes out of the middle of one of these stitches, I first thread it through the next stitch on the same finger... (in this pic I'm doing it on the thumb. Please excuse the leg shots in the next few photos - I promise I'm wearing shorts and the 8 month pregnant belly is trying its very best to hide them.)

Then, I would thread the needle through the opposite two stitches.... Finally, I would thread it through the stitch that the yarn tail came out of before pulling the whole thing closed... Easy, huh? Then I'd just poke the yarn through to the other side and waited until I had all the holes closed before turning the Knuck inside out to weave in the ends. Has everyone already been doing it this way, or was this helpful to someone?

I promise I'm going to start the embroidery on my own pair now - no really... I need to do it before the baby comes! I think I'll be taking my Knucks with me to meet the Yarn Harlot tonight in Seattle. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Pamelamama said...

Oh, Bumbershoot! Let me know how it was, I'll check your blog.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nope, Third Place Books - She'll be at Bumbershoot tomorrow. :)

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home