Wednesday, November 08, 2006

what's this about the joining row??

I have been hearing people stress about the joining row, and working it on three needles. There is no reason to work the joining row on three needles. I work it on five or even six if I have an extra laying around. I worried that somewhere in the editing, the pattern had changed to require a knit-on-three-needles row, but that is really not the case. I think either a) some people are misinterpreting the instructions or b) I am misinterpreting the stress.

So I made a thread here to discuss it:

knucks joining row: don't do it on three needles.

I feel bad that poor Tonya has disappeared from our KAL and the stars are not being kept up, etc. I'm not officially a moderator of this blog, so there is nothing I can do. If you want to have more real-time chat about this pattern, go ahead and come over to my forum. Bring your photos!

7 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

There have been serious problems with Blogger lately. That could be a problem as well.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

I'm not criticizing Tonya, I'm actually a bit worried about her!

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Pamela. First of all, i'm Brazilian and my english isn't really good, but please try to understand me!! I saw your knucks at the knitty.com and i'm SO in love with them! Sadly, i can't understand a word of the pattern. Would you send me the most simple pattern you have? Maybe i'll understand then.. who knows? I just really want to knit one!

my email is marina-marquess@hotmail.com and i'll really appreciate if you send me something!
Thanks, anyway! =)

7:23 PM  
Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

yeah that's why I asked last time if anyone has heard from her cause it's been like months since shes been on so it's kind of worrying now =S

8:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm, I haven't really had any probs doing it with 3 needles... It's a bit fiddly at first, but then the next row I divide the stitches between 4 needles to continue.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Lick My Sticks said...

I've been emailing her to join since last fall and never got a reply, maybe she no longer has access to the internet or something?

9:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey I have been wanting to join for a couple of months now. Please email me. Ensatia4u@aol.com

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home