Tuesday, September 19, 2006

King me, even though...

Boy, are my photos lousy. (Had to take them inside, so please excuse the variety of objects in the background!)

So-- these are a holiday present for a DJ friend who hosts shows on the local alternative station. Hence the slogan "BRIT *POP." (You can visit his weekly calendar blog if you promise not to tell!)

blue Britpop knucks with racing stripes

I opted for Cascade 220 because I felt like knitting something really chunky. It does make the Knuck look uneven, but I figure it'll felt with wear. Other modifications: I didn't like the way my usual cast-on looked at the finger ends, so I whipstitched them afterwards. And my favorite part... to chime with UK fashion...

blue Britpop knucks with racing stripes

Racing stripes!

blue Britpop knucks with racing stripes

Which took forEVer. Little money but lots of time and love went into these, let me tell you. Here's a blurry cellphone action shot of the Knucks in their natural habitat-- i.e., against a rock band T-shirt and a hoodie:

knucks cell phone


I'm psyched.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pamelamama said...

racing stripes! I love it!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll bet your friend will be psyched too!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home