Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Progress!

The Knuck decreases are done on Knuck 1, and I did the textured rib cuff, and.... wasn't thrilled. Never one to leave a pattern absolutely alone - I decided on a modified version of ribbing, a cabled rib. I had 48 stitches in my round (I did the man size for my apparently biggish hands - hey, they DO grow them bigger in Texas!), and 48/6= 8. I did 8 2x2 cables with 2 purl stitches between, with a cable cross on every fourth row, and I'll likely make them longer than the pattern calls for, and cast off in pattern. Because I like a challenge. I'm just glad I know how to cable without a cable needle! I'll have a progess pic once I've got more than one repeat done, so you can actually.... you know, see PROGRESS. All told, though, I think the fit will be much better with the cabled, ribbed cuff, b/c I did the textured cuff, and it was TIGHT, with the crocheted bind off - which was SUPERtight, and let's just forget crab stitch ever existed, shall we? B/C I'm a lefty and... yeah. Just forget it ever existed.

Pictures soon. :)
Miss Knotty

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'll bet those cables will look really nice!

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home