Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Knuck progress for me-yo.

Here are some pics of Knuck 1. Pay no attention to the strings hanging all willy-nilly. Those are for the finishing process.





I had some fits putting all the stitches on the needles to get started on the body of the mitt, it was TIGHT! but no needles were snapped in the making of these mitts. I'm to the part where I'm supposed to start the cuff, and I'm going to do the textured cuff, but I'm going to do a longer version than called for in the pattern and double it up. I figure an extra layer of knitted goodness on my pulsepoints would be making for the better warmness. I think I'll probably turn the gloves inside out once I start the second half of the cuff so that when I turn it over, it'll be that neato stitch pattern on the right side. :D Or maybe I'll just knit 2x2 ribbing until I want to fold the cuff over and then do the stitch pattern. The world is open to me! WEE!

Here is a fuzzy-wuzzy visual of the gusset-y goodness. :) Please forgive the soft focus - I'm still getting to know my digital camera.



the yarn is Encore DK (75% acrylic 25% wool) good for work b/c I can wash them readily. The yarn, since the flash is distorting it a little bit, is a dark burgundy wine/cranberry color. I just love it. Knitted on US 4 dpns.

-Miss Knotty

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I keep trying mine on w/ the needles & everything poking out. My husband gives me The Look. So it's nice to see someone else's hand in a Knuck w/ the needley cuff ;)

7:36 AM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

your knitting looks nice and even!

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home