Saturday, August 12, 2006

One knuck finished.

First KnuckI finished my first knuck today - yay! :) I ended up having to frog and re-knit most of this one because I originally made it way too long, but now it fits perfectly. :) I did have to improvise a bit at the bottom because I forgot to decrease at the thumb join - whoops!

This is the large size because I have gorilla hands, knit out of red heart super saver in ranch red on size 3 dpn's (my LYS is walmart, so I have to work with what's available - and cheap! :D) I'll admit that the small gauge combined with the yarn makes it a bit stiff, but I'm hoping it'll soften up once it's washed. It's really warm, though.

I plan to put "TOON GIRL" on them once I'm finished, probably in orange. :D

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Pretty color & very pretty work :)

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yours came out great! I am having trouble with the round where you join the fingers----after you knit 6 and ssk from the index finger I don't understand how you then move onto the middle finger. Do you break the yarn? I'm sure it's something very simple I'm doing wrong-----any advice would be much appreciated. thanks!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

anon -- you just start knitting the stitches of the next finger using the working yarn. You dont break the yarn.

Have you slipped all the free fingers onto two needles so you can work them? Like this:

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/IMAGES/knucksTECH1.jpg

12:00 PM  
Blogger supersonic said...

I'm not sure but I've joined this KAL....but am waiting to receive an invitation of some sort. Anyway, I finished my first one as well! I love the red...looks great!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home