Thursday, August 10, 2006

First Pair FINISHED!


Can you feel the excitement!? I have to admit, I learned a lot about knitting these little beauties. I learned I really don't like the finishing process...but now that I learned my mess ups on my first knuck, the second of the pair was much smoother. (I also wasn't watching a suspense movie so I didn't end up cutting the wrong threads...what an evening that was!) I put our "new" consolidated school's name on my pair. Chester Public Schools became Chester - Joplin - Inverness Public Schools...and there was NO way that would fit on any pair of Knucks. Our mascot went from the Coyotes to the Hawks...so the community has shortened it to the CJI Hawks. That fits! My next pair will be much quicker, and I"m ready to cast on!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice! I like the school spirit idea... I can imagine there will be a lot of Knucks showing up around the first couple of weeks of September. :)

7:19 PM  
Blogger dobarah said...

Thank you! My son now wants a pair with, "KISS THIS" across the knuckles. Hmmm...I might get Mom of the year from him, but I also teach at the same high school...so it might not go over as well with my superiors. ;~)

8:20 PM  
Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

well I think that's a bit silly...just because someone has "kiss this" on there clothing doesn't mean anything so why would that be a problem to your superiors...*takes deep breath* sorry I just can't deal with uptight ppl. I'm one of those ppl who would wear the "kiss this" just because I know it would bother narrow minded ppl and to show them that just because your wearing something like that doesn't mean your a "bad" person=P

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home