Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Second pair done!



Okay, so I finished another pair of knucks. They're really a pretty fun pattern, what can I say? These ones are a bad color for me, but they will look great on their intended recipient. A sad story, though, I tried to embroider retro blue and orange flowers with lazy daisy stitch, and it looked awful. So these knucks are plain. Failing at the embroidery almost broke my heart... At least DMC floss is cheap.

These are also made out of Elisabeth Lavold silky wool, just like my first pair.

I think I have two more pairs in the works; one for a friend, and finally one for me. After that, I'll probably be all knucked out.

7 Comments:

Blogger Pamelamama said...

If you come over to the forums, there are lots of tips on embroidery! (link in the sidebar, i think?)

Those are gorgeous, and i'm so glad someone tried the textured cuff.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love that color! I plan to do the textured cuff too. :) I have some silky wool in my stash, and I was so tempted to raid it for the knucks... but I'm saving it to make a Harry Potter sweater for my 4 year old.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Interesting color. I like it a lot.

2:48 PM  
Blogger BEESTLYproducts said...

My favorite color ever!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Aw, thanks guys! The color will look much better on the recipient, as she has a darker, more olive tone to her skin... I think it looks pretty pathetic on my pale hands. =)

7:09 PM  
Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

I love that colour! and I think it looks kool on your hands too^_^

3:32 AM  
Blogger Obsidian Kitten said...

love the color!

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home