Monday, July 24, 2006

Casting On!

Hi all!
I finally cast on this evening in the Bilberry Rowan Felted Tweed and I love how gorgeous this yarn is... I'm hoping to get all the knuck parts finished by tomorrow so I can join them together at the Mariners Stitch 'N' Pitch game! Since I have pretty chubby fingers I had to modify the pattern a little - I cast on the same number of stitches for my pinky and ring fingers, but my first two fingers ended up being the same as my thumb. I also figured out an easy way to "label" each knuck as I finish them - I've been putting knots in the waste yarn. For example 1 knot for the thumb, 3 knots for the middle finger, and 5 knots for the little one. Here's what I mean...
What have other people been doing?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neat system, I couldn't remember which knot meant what... You must have an excellent memory! I used masking tape labels that hung off the waste yarn. Worked pretty well, and it was easy to read. For the second one, I didn't labels them at all, I just checked which finger they fit and went with it.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

Well I just wrote down the finger names on a post-it and then I cut the names out lengthwise and put a hole next to the name and pulled the waste yarn of the finger that belonged to the name through it and tied it up^_^

6:55 AM  
Blogger tawnyatay said...

I love that yarn . . . I did the same labeling system as Petra (Knitted Painting).

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home