Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Textured cuff

I'm working on the second pair of Knucks and I've nearly finished the first glove and I wanted to do the textured cuff for a change, but I didn't know how to do the slip stitch, so I tried to find help online, but I couldn't find any good tutorial on how to do it. I did find a written tutorial, but it wasn't very good and after I tried to do one round I figured I still didn't get it, because it looked all bent and squashed LOL here's how I did it: I put the right needle into the first stitch of the round as if to knit and just slipped it onto the right needle, then I put the yarn infront and put the right needle into the second stitch as if to purl and then slipped it into the right needle aswell, then I put the yarn to the back again, then I knit a stitch, then I passed the first slipped stitch over the 2 stitches (the stitch I slipped purlwise and the knit stitch). I hope that made sence. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it absolutely wrong lol so could somebody pleaseeee tell me how to do it right or maybe give me a link with a good tutorial if you know one? I feel like such an idiot right now.
btw I decided to use the ribbed cuff again for now because I want them finished but I'd really like to use the textured cuff on the next pair *sigh*.

Much love and have a nice day,
Petra

1 Comments:

Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

now I get it! I feel like such an idiot hehe *sigh* I'll just blame it on having a bad day^_^ it looks like I just didn't get the whole YO thing instead of the slipped stitch like I thought.
I wrote the elaborated version (in my case the dumb version lol) down so I won't forget.
Thank you very much for the help Beth!! *hugs*

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home