Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Textured cuff

I'm working on the second pair of Knucks and I've nearly finished the first glove and I wanted to do the textured cuff for a change, but I didn't know how to do the slip stitch, so I tried to find help online, but I couldn't find any good tutorial on how to do it. I did find a written tutorial, but it wasn't very good and after I tried to do one round I figured I still didn't get it, because it looked all bent and squashed LOL here's how I did it: I put the right needle into the first stitch of the round as if to knit and just slipped it onto the right needle, then I put the yarn infront and put the right needle into the second stitch as if to purl and then slipped it into the right needle aswell, then I put the yarn to the back again, then I knit a stitch, then I passed the first slipped stitch over the 2 stitches (the stitch I slipped purlwise and the knit stitch). I hope that made sence. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it absolutely wrong lol so could somebody pleaseeee tell me how to do it right or maybe give me a link with a good tutorial if you know one? I feel like such an idiot right now.
btw I decided to use the ribbed cuff again for now because I want them finished but I'd really like to use the textured cuff on the next pair *sigh*.

Much love and have a nice day,
Petra

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Maybe this will help.

As written:
Sl 1 purlwise with yarn in back, yo, k1, pass slipped stitch over last 2 sts

Elaborated version:
Your yarn is in the back of your work. Stick your right needle into the next stitch as if you were going to purl it, but don't purl it, just slip it onto the right needle. Next, bring your yarn to the front, OVER your right needle, and to the back again, . This puts an extra loop on your right needle (this is the yo). Now you have two loops on your right needle, the slipped stitch and the yo. Now knit the next stitch normally. Pull that first slipped stitch over the yo and the knitted stitch.

Hope this helps!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

now I get it! I feel like such an idiot hehe *sigh* I'll just blame it on having a bad day^_^ it looks like I just didn't get the whole YO thing instead of the slipped stitch like I thought.
I wrote the elaborated version (in my case the dumb version lol) down so I won't forget.
Thank you very much for the help Beth!! *hugs*

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home