Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Almost Done Knitting

Hi all,
I'm working on the cuff of my second Knuck! Then, onto finishing and (yikes!) the embroidery.I've got a few things to think about for next time. I didn't realize this until it was too late, but while adding the thumb to the one I'm working on, I didn't turn the finishing strand inward so I could sew up the gap later. Oops - I guess I'll have to work it around somehow or use a separate strand. Also, I'm wondering if I did my crab stitch edging too tight on the first one since it seems to want to roll - is it supposed to do that? Finally, I'm thinking I should have made the tubes for the pinkie fingers a wee bit shorter... but other than that they fit wonderfully!So, it looks like I'll be making a second pair for my sister, and it should go even more quickly since she wants ribbing and no embroidery on hers. She also wants green... does anyone know if the Rowan Felted Tweed comes in green? I do have a dk cotton/acrylic tweed in green that might work...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Check out:

http://www.yarnmarket.com/yarn/Rowan_Yarn-Felted_Tweed_Yarn-620.html

for all the colors. There is a Pickle and an Herb that are both green.

Great job!!!!! I wish mine were so loose...I knit very tightly so my knucks are VERY fitted :)

7:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! Well, I did adjust the size of the fingers (my index and middle finger were the same size as my thumb) so I'm sure that affected the size of the palm - I kind of like the loose fit too. :)
Minerva, I always order my Rowan on eBay - I usually find it cheaper and it ships fast, even from the UK.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home