Monday, July 17, 2006

Thumbkind of Issues

Look, I am not the BEST knitter but I AM a diligent knitter. After a terrible start, I managed to figure out how to knit socks so I figured I could AT LEAST do as well with the Knucks. So...I ordered the Rowan Felted Tweed in Treacle for me and Bilberry for a pair for my friend...and I set off.

I had issues joining the fingers although once I started having issues with the thumb, I kind of understood what I needed to do with the fingers. What I DID worked and you can't see any difference...but the thumb, ah, the thumb...that I am not so sure of.

I knit it shut the first go round and had to deknit it loose again...and start over whereby I dropped MANY a stitch...I think I have those all back and accounted for. The second time through I think I figured it out AND figured out my finger issues as well but now I am KIND of worried about the gusset. I have never really USED stitch markers before...do I have these on the needle and just pass them along? If so...I am fairly sure they're in the right spot and if not, at least they're equidistant from one another so I think the gusset will come out even.

Any thumbly advice will be appreciated!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much! I retroactively put the stitch marker on but I am fairly sure it's correctly located and even if it wasn't...I kept it in the same place for two rounds so it is where it is. I am crossing my fingers!!!!

4:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know WHAT was wrong but something was. I frogged the thumb off to the joing round...I'll try again :)

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home