Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Okay, I'm jealous -- CO date changed! & PRIZES :)

I'm begining to think a start date of August 1 is stupid . . . that's waaaaaaaay too long from now. So, the new CO date will be July 17 -- that's Monday. That gives everyone the weekend for buying yarn, which I desperately need to do. If I can find any of the Rowan Tweed, that's definitely what I want to knit with, but I may have to substitute.

As for prizes, there are going to be two offered, out of the goodness of my heart (and because these Knucks are so darn exciting. And DARN CUTE. I love how every eight-letter phrase becomes a potential Knucks message.) Since these knit up fast, I want to offer an award for the person that knits up the most Knucks between July 17 anddddddd . . . December 25. That way, any Knucks that are created for Christmas presents can be counted. To be in the running, post each finished pair of Knucks in a post with the title "Tawnyatay's 1st Knucks" or "Tawnyatay's 22nd Knucks" so it's easy to keep track of WHO has finished a pair and HOW MANY they have compeleted. Also on December 25 (actually, probably sometime thereafter), I will place the name of each person who has completed a pair of Knucks into a drawing so that everyone has a chance of being a lucky winner. The winners will receive something snazzy for their stash! If people are still knocking out Knucks at the end of December, I might have another drawing in March or something.

In the meantime, I love the progress that everyone has made so far. I plan to buy yarn on Saturday. I've actually never used dpns until yesterday -- I started on some socks, which I'll post on my blog. My theory is that Knucks have to be easier than socks, because you don't have to turn any heels, although the join could be interesting.

Thanks for posting, and let me know what you think about the new "guidelines."


KNIT LOVE!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I am not able to post yet.. I think theres a technical difficulty somewhere. But I've started mine! Fun pattern!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

how come I haven't been added to the members list yet? :( *feels left out* lol

4:21 AM  
Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

Thanks for adding me Tonya ^_^

9:43 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hee -- I joined the KAL b/c I'm moving over the weekend & I thought "August 1st will give me lots of time to unpack & settle in." ;)

I think I'm going to win the award for slowest knitter btw. I've been working on the same bag for over a year. But I'm still going CO on Monday! Whoo! Now if I can just find the box w/ the yarn in it...

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home