Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Done the first Knuck

Well, I'm done the first Knuck in the pair, and I must say, I'm less than happy. (all together now: awwwwwwwwwwwww ;) ) As I mentioned in a previous post, the yarn I decided to use was too light weight, so they're turning out to be too small for me. That's okay though; I have no problem giving these ones to someone else.

The main problem is my skill (or lack thereof) with the dpns. You see, I'm the person who hates using dpns so much that she converts all her sock patterns so they can be done on two needles. So I knew Knucks was going to be a challenge for me. As it stands now, I can see in my work where the divides between needles were (the knitting is not as tight), so that's a disappointment. I think if I were using heavier yarn, this might not be so obvious, so I am committed to trying another pair of Knucks once I'm done this one. I also hope that when I do the embroidery, I can cover this up a bit. We'll see.

Anyway, that's my story! I'll post a pick when the other Knuck is done. Caio!

Minerva

6 Comments:

Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww hehe!
I know I was scared of the DPNs aswell, but now I've used them I actually like working with them^_^

8:45 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I can use dp's, but that doesn't mean that I like 'em! lol My consolation is that I don't have to use them for very long since it's such a (relatively) small project.

Give your yarn an extra tug when you go from one needle to the next, making the stitch there tight, that'll help.

I wonder if anyone's used magic loop for these knucks?

8:51 AM  
Blogger KnitXcorE said...

i like dpn's... but i agree that you can see that whole joining fingers thing... i thought i just messed up... maybe it's the pattern??? I'm going to try a different way of joining them for my second knuck, i really don't like the way my first one looks :-(

9:12 AM  
Blogger Katie - The Knitting Mama said...

I think the gaps between needles are a common problem - I usually tug the yarn a bit while switching to the next one, but I still get gaps too. Sometimes after the knitting is done, blocking or just tugging the finished item here and there will even out the stitches. While I was sewing up the holes between fingers on my Knucks, I tried to close some of these gaps as well.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

I've done a few on magic loop, and it works just fine; if anyone wants some tips on that, lmk.

knitxcore said:
but i agree that you can see that whole joining fingers thing

Tell me what you mean here. I've been able to have a clean looking product with no holes at the joins. YOu use the yarn tails to tighten that all up.

2:17 PM  
Blogger jesperanda said...

Thus far, I've been using two circs, and I've found that it translated very well for me, given all the places where the pattern says to arrange the stitches the way you prefer, or to arrange them on two needles. (Plus, I already had the proper size of circs. I didn't have the dpns. :-) )

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home