Wednesday, August 23, 2006

2 pairs knitted

I got my LIVE LIFE knucks all knitted up, now I just need to figure out how I'm going to embroider these babies.

This is Rowan Felted Tweed in Bilberry. Size US4 needles. Ladies size knucks. I think I did 9 rows for the fingers, 8 rows for the pinky. I did 17 rows between the finger joining and the thumb joining. At first I did 20 rows there, but it cut into my thumb webbing too much. That's a tough distance to judge the first time - because once you join the thumb, that section magically gets longer.

I like the felted tweed a lot - it really helps camouflage any imperfections from the dpns.


I also finished up my daughter's knucks. She's showing off her mad karate skills in this picture. :) Originally, I totally effed the first one up without realizing it. I thought that the gauge was off, making the knuck really small, but really what happened was that I left out several rows in the thumb gusset stage. I only realized it when I finished the second knuck and it turned out way bigger than the first. So I had to rip out the first one and now they both match and the fit is just fine.


I'm planning on knitting up another pair for her BLAH BLAH knucks. I still need to pick up some yarn for those.

3 Comments:

Blogger KnitXcorE said...

your daughters knucks are adorable!!! The yarn is soopa kyoot :-)

6:51 AM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

blah blah! i hear ya, mama! nice work, and cute pix.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Katie - The Knitting Mama said...

Cute pics, and nice job! :)

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home