Sunday, July 30, 2006

A little knucklet


Here's the first of my daughter's Knucks. This is Dreambaby DK (50% acrylic/50% nylon) knitted with size US4's. The hand is 5-years-old. :) I used the kid's size, and this just fits her. She really has to yank it on. And, in retrospect, I should've made the pinky finger one row shorter than the rest - I think that would've looked more in proportion with these little hands.

I don't know that I'll embroider these. I'll likely make her another pair with some thicker, nicer yarn, and maybe they'll have room to grow. These'll just be my practice Knucks. :)

10 Comments:

Blogger Lani said...

Too cute. They are perfect girlie colors too.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

cute! i bet when the cast-off stretches out they'll fit her for a while!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

awww cute lil hand^_^ I always do the pinky like 2 rows smaller then the other fingers it works out a lot better for me. love the colours aswell really girly^_^

5:29 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh, Pamela, the cast off stitches aren't too bad...it's just the overall fit is pretty tight. But I'm pretty negligent about swatches. I should probably see what gauge I'm getting with these. I'd probably be better off with size US5's or something. The next pair will be better. :)

8:51 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Lookin good, like the colors!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Eden said...

Cute! I wouldn't embroider them either. I think the colors are decorative enough.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Katie - The Knitting Mama said...

Very cute!

2:20 PM  
Blogger KnitXcorE said...

so sweet! i love the colors!

4:38 PM  
Blogger tawnyatay said...

I totally dig the textured cuff. Your little girl will be stylin.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I had to come back and update this, as I just finished knitting the 2nd, and I realized that I totally f'd the first one up - there is a bunch of rows missing in the thumb gusset. DOH! So don't pay any attention to this pic. :)

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home