Sunday, July 30, 2006

Knitting Injury


Well, I have one knuck finished, but I have suffered a knitting releated injury. I've only been knitting since about April. Apparantly the way I have been holding my dpns has been putting pressure on my rotator cuff and it decided to start fighting back by sending pain into my upper left arm. So, I'm in physical therapy for at least the next two weeks to get things worked back out and no knitting in the meantime! I'm devasted but am learning how to spin on a top whorl spindle and picked up my cross-stitch again to keep me busy. I'll have to learn a new way to hold my dpns or learn how to do two circs instead to finish the second knuck! Here's a pic of the first one. I bond of a little too tight so it's kind of hard to get on and off but other than that it turned out ok.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pamelamama said...

the bound off edge will stretch!

sorry about your injury... xo

12:55 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh your poor arm! The knuck looks great though.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Darn, I hate injuries! I hope it heals for you soon, and great knuck!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Z said...

I hope you feel better soon!!!! I have a wrist injury (I fell last year) that hurts when I knit a lot...but does that stop me??? LOL

7:12 PM  
Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

Ouch! take it easy with the dpns..it's like riding a horse ain't it? you've got to find the peace and take control or they'll fight back! lol hope you'll feel better soon! the knuck looks kool btw^_^

5:32 AM  
Blogger Katie - The Knitting Mama said...

A knitting-related injury? How awful! Hope it feels better soon!

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home