Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hello everyone!

I've been knitting off and on for years, but this will be my first-ever knit-along. I stumbled across the pattern and it was so cute, and then I saw the designer and realized, "hey! I know her!" Pamela is in my babywearing group, you see.

Oh! So I'm Beth. Mom of two, and obsessive/compulsive project-starter. Figured it couldn't hurt to add one more. :)

I'm trying to come up with some sayings for my knucks. I'm thinking maybe "LIVE LIFE" with some cute embroidery on it - some sort of nature-y scene. I was hoping for a nice brown, but I didn't see any I liked in the Rowan felted tweed at the LYS. So I ended up with the purple. I could always make another pair if I find the brown.

I also got some yarn to make my 5-yr-old daughter some, and I'm trying to think of something cool to say on hers. All I've come up with is "PRIN CESS" but I'd really like to find something that conveys a strength of hers. I'm annoyed at the yarn store clerk for steering my daughter toward this ucky multi-pastel baby yarn, so now I'm stuck knitting it. lol So she might end up with two pairs too.

Since my husbands a geek, I was trying to think of stuff for geek knucks. I love the "OMG! WTF?" from the suggestion list. So I came up with "stfu n00b" or "rtfm n00b". But they don't really fit my husband's friendly personality. lol But some other geek might like them.

11 Comments:

Blogger Pamelamama said...

Great to see you, Beth!

11:21 PM  
Blogger tawnyatay said...

Those are really great ideas to put on Knucks . . . I like LIVE LIFE and the n00b ones. I think PRIN CESS is good for a little girl, but it's always better to pick something personal.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

Welcome to the KAL Beth!^_^
*ahum* I feel like an idiot right now but what does "stfu nOOb" and "rtfm nOOb" stand for? you'll have to forgive me for not knowing, because english isn't my first language =(
doesn't it blow to have to knit with yarn you don't like?!? lol ohwell I always just keep in mind that the person who gets it will appreciate it so it's worth it^_^

8:13 AM  
Blogger Katie - The Knitting Mama said...

That's alright, Petra, I'll be an idiot right along with you! What do they mean? Are they "too rude" to post?! :)
Another knucks phrase I thought of while reading your post, Beth, was one for you and me since my hubby's a geek too: I(heart)my geek. Have you seen those t-shirts?

9:35 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Katie, that IS a cute one. hmmmm...one could come up with a lot of I (heart) my ____ ones.

stfu = shut the fuck up
rtfm = read the fucking manual
n00b = newbie

more leet geek speak here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet

10:02 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Googling "knuckle tattoos" found another cute geek one:
OMFG ROFL

10:14 AM  
Blogger Katie - The Knitting Mama said...

Ohhhh, newbie! Of course!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Lani said...

I had no idea what nOOb meant. Or the others either. And I am fairly literate in geek speak. LOL! I knew OMFG and ROFL. I did not know STFU though. Hmmmm...? Interesting.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh, and there's LMAO (laughing my ass off).

2:22 PM  
Blogger Knitted_Painting said...

lol ok thanks now I get it=P I knew ROFL and LMAO and OMFG and lil things like that though^_^
Thanks for that article btw it's very kool.

3:56 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

BLAH BLAH

I think that might be what I need to put on my daughter's knucks. Because seriously, little girls DO NOT STOP TALKING. lol

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home